If you have another printer you can print to then try making the other printer the default printer and see if TATEMS will print to it.
You should close and re-open TATEMS each time you change the default printer.
To change the default printer in Windows 10 go to:
- Then go to Settings
- Then Devices
- Then scroll down and turn off "Let Windows manage my default printer"
- Then choose the default printer.
- Then close the settings window.
Then try to print from TATEMS Again.
If you still have an issue then the Microsoft Access that TATEMS uses is not able to communicate with the printer driver. This is usually because the printer driver is corrupted in some way even though other programs can still use it, Microsoft Access is very sensitive to printer driver problems.
The quickest fix in that case is usually to just install a generic printer driver provided by Windows for a printer that is close to your printer.
In Windows Go to:
- Go to Settings
- Click Devices
- Go to Printers & Scanners
- Scroll to and select Devices and Printers at the bottom
- Right click on your printer and choose "Printer Properties" (NOT Properties).
- Click the Ports Tab and take note of the port that the printer is using, you might need this later.
- Close the properties screen.
- Then at the top click Add a printer.
Windows will scan for connected printers. You can try choosing your current printer (i.e. HP Laserjet 3030) if it is detected and letting it reinstall and overwrite the current printer but if it still does not work chose:
- "The printer that I want isn't listed"
- Then choose Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings
- Then choose use an existing port and choose the same port that the printer is currently using (the one you wrote down earlier) .
- Then choose the manufacturer HP and you will see a list of printer choices.
For the example on an HP Laserjet 3030 printer I would try the:
HP Laserjet 3050 PS Class Driver
HP Laserjet 3050 PCL6 Class Driver
Once you choose it just complete the wizard make sure the new printer is set as the default printer and try again.