Data file corruption can be repaired automatically starting with TATEMS version 4.6.28.000 and improved even further in 4.6.28.001
If you are eligible you can get the current update here:
If you have expired you can renew here
If you have an older version you can use these instructions to try to repair a corrupt TATEMS database:
1. Have all users exit TATEMS
2. Copy the back end database file called tatems2005be.mdb from the shared folder on your your server computer
3. Open the "TATEMS 2005" folder on your local C drive. It will be inside C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)\
4. Rename the existing empty database file inside the "TATEMS 2005" folder called tatems2005be.mbd to tatems2005be-Empty.mdb
5. Paste in the database file called tatems2005be.mdb into the "TATEMS 2005" folder on your C drive that you copied from the server.
6. From your Windows start menu type or find and click on "Compact & Repair TATEMS Data File (This Computer)"
7. Wait for the process to finish. (It the database can not be repaired you will need to revert to the last backup. See instructions here https://tatems.com/backup
8. After the repair is completed you need to copy the database file called from the "TATEMS 2005" folder on your C drive and then navigate to the shared folder that you originally copy the file from on the server.
9. Before you paste the file in you want to rename the existing file with the same name that is currently in the shared folder on the server. You can rename to tatems2005be-corrupt-also-current-date.mdb
10. Paste the date file into the shared folder on the server that you copied from the TATEMS 2005 folder on your local C drive.
If your network settings need to be changed so that TATEMS is pointing back to the data file on the server you can open the text file that is in a folder called:
the file you need to open is called:
Once you open it you will see where TATEMS will be linked next time you open it.
The default location is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\TATEMS 2005\tatems2005be.mdb
But if your data file is on a server then you can update the path before TATEMS opens by using this file.
For example it might be
If you are current on your TATEMS support and version upgrades we can setup a remote support session to do this for you if you like.
You can see some reasons for database corruption here
If your data file is corrupted and you don't have a backup we may be able to repair it for you if you are current on your support term. .
If you still have trouble then
You can zip up(using winzip from winzip.com)
and upload me your data file:
TATEMS2005be.mdb that is in the folder
C:\Program Files\TATEMS 2005\
(Or on Your Server)
to us via
to tech.support [at] tatems.com
Then we can take a look and try to fix the problem.
Don't make any changes while I have
the database though because they
will be overwritten with the file
I send back.
You may not see the ".mdb" because
your known file extensions are
hidden by default in windows.
You can unhide your file extensions
by going to the View tab under Tools,
Folder Options in Windows Explorer(see Figure at
If you don't have WinZip, you can get it here
After installing WinZip you can right click
on the file tatems2005be.mdb and choose WinZip then
choose "Add To TATEMS2005be.zip"
After it's Zipped the you will upload the file
called TATEMS2005be.zip. It will be much smaller
than the original MDB file.