This error is usually caused by the front end file or the MS Access 2002 Runtime getting corrupted.
If you are the only user or have more than one user but other users are not experiencing the same issue then:
- Re-apply the update and try again.
- If that fails try repair the MS Access 2002 Runtime.
- It that fails uninstall TATEMS and also uninstall the MS Access 2002 Runtime. Then rename the TATEMS 2005 folder that is in:
C:\Program Files\ (32-bit Windows)
C:\Program Files (x86)\ (64-bit Windows)
to "TATEMS 2005-OLD" (without the quotes). Then do a full reinstall using the current installer:
If other users are experiencing the same issue then the data file is corrupted and you can either try to do a compact and repair or restore from a backup.
To do a compact and repair on the data file if the data file is on a network you will need to copy the data file to a local machine that has a current installation of TATEMS.
Copy it to the \TATEMS 2005\ folder that is inside either:
C:\Program Files (x86)\
but you should rename the empty data file (tatems2005be.mdb) in that folder first to tatems2005be-old.mdb then paste the file from the network into that folder.
Be sure TATEMS is closed then in the Windows Start menu there a shortcut called "Compact & Repair TATEMS Data File (This Computer)"
Click that and wait for it to finish.
Then go cut the file that has been repaired and before you paste it back in to the shared location on the network you should rename the original one in that folder to something like:
- Paste the file that you did the compact and repair on into the appropriate folder on the network.
- Go back to the local TATEMS 2005 folder and rename the empty data file back to its original name "tatems2005be.mdb" (without the quotes).
- Then try TATEMS again.
If you need to restore the data file from a backup see the page here: